Now back to the beauty shots!
Here’s where we splurged:
- We had the soffit with flourescent lights removed and installed 2 can lights.
- We paid someone else to remove the wallpaper re-texture, and paint.
- The sink & faucet
Here’s where we saved:
- I found someone to make a custom vanity out of reclaimed dock-wood and store-bought table legs.
- We cut the new mirror from the old wall mirror we took down and had a frame made to match the vanity from reclaimed dock-wood
- We created our own towel rack and toilet paper holder (tutorials coming)
- Installed inexpensive sconces
- We found extra floor tiles in the garage so just patched where we pulled out the old vanity and there was no tile underneath.
- Scrubbed the heck out of the shower and left it as it was and with the existing doors (I really wanted to replace the glass with clear-but you make trade offs and no one ever knows what you didn’t do, right?)
Here’s the closest of the inspiration pictures I was working from: